Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:13:55 GMT by
Hi, I have filed my tax return online and paid the tax for the year 2020-2021. I was qualified for the split year treatment for that year but I did not know that I need to submit the form SA109 in paper format at that time. I found that I may need to submit the form for my split year treatment. Could I just submit the form through post now? It would be very kind if anyone can give me some advice. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 07:01:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi zymc,
Yes, you should now submit the 2021 SA109  with a brief explanatory covering letter.
The paper version of the 2021 SA109 can be accessed here:
Residence, remittance basis etc (Self Assessment SA109)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.