Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:12:19 GMT by
Hi, I am returning to the UK from overseas where I was self-employed as a sole trader in 2022. My fiscal residency wasn't in the UK but in the EU. I have never registered with HMRC or made any income while previously in the UK, as I gained my pre settled status while studying in the UK. Now, for my partner's visa purposes, I am requested to declare the following: * UTR * SA302 * Self-assessment tax report * Unaudited account statement confirmed by IFA-certified accountant Will it be sufficient to use the equivalent of those requirements from the country of fiscal residency? Do I need to take any particular steps towards the Treasury?
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 10:56:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You would need to contact the Immigration and Visa department that sent you the letter to ask them if they will accept that information.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.