Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jul 2024 20:05:53 GMT by dudley2024
Hi, first self assessment being carried out due to high income child benefit for 23-24 over 50k. I have carried out inputting all details, however when looking at the calculation it creates for repayment it is showing that my personal allowance is only 12570 however should be higher (13830) as transferring marriage allowance of tax 10% from the other half who is not working. All details on the tax portal are correct and tax code reports as 1383m on my portal aswell as my other halfs tax portal reporting transfer of tax, this has also been in place since 2016 and also on my end of year p60. How would I go about getting this corrected as it does not seem editable, this is so its reflected in self assessment calculation before I submit it? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 11:14:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you are submitting a Self Assessment return for the Higher Income Child Benefit Charge, it's likely that you are a Higher Rate taxpayer. The transfer of Marriage Allowance is not available to Higher Rate taxpayers, and will automatically be excluded from your calculation.

You can read more here: 

Marriage Allowance

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.