Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:11:32 GMT by
Hi, I've been living in UK since almost 4 years, I have pre-settled status and I was PAYE until August 23 when I became SE and moved in Netherlands. Can I keep being self-employed in UK and pay taxes there until my pre-settled status is expiring (As I still have the right to work in UK until then)? Also do I need to send the additional form on my 22/23 tax return? (the one when you are not resident anymore in UK, not sure what's the name) And lastly, can I apply for a certificate that proves that I pay NIN and taxes in UK? I'm travelling to UK every 2 months to my client's office, I still have a UK address.
Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:28:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi cr1smaria,
If you are classed as tax resdient in UK, yes. if not, you will need to pay tax in the Netherlands as you are required to report your income to the country you are tax resdient.
For 22/23 you were still resident as you did not leave until the 23/24 tax year.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.