Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 17:12:42 GMT by
Hello I have a question, please. I understand you can Child benefit Credits as a parent if you are registered for Child Benefit for a child under 12 and these credits count towards State Pension. If you stop claiming child benefit, can you continue to claim credits towards a state pension until the child(ren) reach the age of 12 if you continue to care for the child(ren)? Many thanks
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 10:35:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Barnet,
If either you or your partner earn over £50,000 then you may still be able to claim Child Benefit Credits to maintain your National Insurance account for the State Pension.
You may wish to call the Child Benefit Office Helpline on 0300 200 3100 and they will be able to help you with any Child Benefit queries.
The following weblink gives more information about this:
Child Benefit
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 15:36:26 GMT by
Hi HMRC community, Please, can you help answer or direct me to the right solution of our problem we are facing? My partner has been 1 year on maternity leave and than she was receiving child benefits. She has currently moved back to Czech Republic with a our child. Before she moved, she cancelled child benefits, so she could make a claim in Czech republic, where she is going to live from now on. She is being asked by national pension office for a statement how much of maternity and child benefits she has been payed, so state pension can calculate the amount she is eligible from czech system. I tried to call HMRC but can’t pass the automated system, as there is no option for my scenario. Please, could you advise, how to obtain statement of total amount we have received? Thank you Regards 
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 07:53:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Please contact the Child Benefit team for advice:

Child Benefit: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:05:16 GMT by
Hiya I applied for child benefits in September and I was wondering how much longer it’s going to be before I get it
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:45:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

Please contact the Child Benefit team for advice:

Child Benefit: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.