Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:16:08 GMT by
Hello, I was working as self-employed for Excelsior (company that supplies worforce for Amazon), they paid me through this company and we get the invoices via Wise, Securitax is the accountancy company that held the VAT that Excelsior paid to me. Now I got a letter asking me to pay the VAT. In the invoices that I have is easy to see that Securitax held the 20%, I am so confused with this situation. Thanks in advance. Kind regards.
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:08:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

You would need to speak to the parties involved to make sure that the VAT is being accounted for correctly. The important aspect for HMRC is that all parties are accounting for the VAT in the right way and at the right time.

Thank you.

Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 19:29:31 GMT by
I would suggest that you guys find legal help first. HMRC is trying to withhold vat repayments as long as possible. We have been in the same situation for nearly 6 months now. The whole investigation is not over yet. The officer is attempting to prolong our repayments by providing weak excuses, such as asserting that the store issuing VAT invoices does not engage in trade with business customers, hence rendering the invoice itself invalid. It seems to HMRC the store policy is being deemed more superior than the VAT act.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.