Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:36:13 GMT by Qwert12345
I am starting a new consultancy business which trades entirely online with no physical presence for the services being used. At present I work from home and have other employees that work from their own homes. My Limited Company address is registered to my accountant’s premises. I am concerned regarding the privacy of entering my home address as the VAT registered address of the business. Will this address be publicly searchable or accessible or is it for Internal HMRC use only? What will be the business address entered on VAT invoices that I send out? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:10:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Qwert12345,
There is a facility on Gov.uk website where businesses can verify a UK vat number, it will show the address of the business:
Check a UK VAT number
Ordinarily we don't except a buisneses to use their agents address or PO Box's, you have to provide the address the business is trading from for VAT.  We may except this under certain circumstances. you can explain this on your application as to why you wish to use this as your principal place of business (PPOB) 
Thank you, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.