Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:16:59 GMT by
My business tax account is still not MTD,I have a software that's compatible with Making Tax Digital for VAT,what should I do for became MTD
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:15:53 GMT by Jay Cooke
You use your compatible software to file the return, your compatible software will have instructions on how to do this. In general, your accounting software will ask for your government gateway login details and the software will then open up the HMRC website in your browser, you login to your gateway as usual and that then links the HMRC gateway to your software. Your software will then be able to upload the VAT return to HMRC. Each software has its own process but the concept is the software logs into your gateway first and then the software can file the returns. MTD is two things. Firstly the filing of the VAT return is via a digital link/no manually typing numbers into a form on the screen. Second, your sales and purchase are meant to be entered into accounting software or Excel spreadsheet so that there is a clear audit trail for each sale and purchase.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:31:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
All businesses who need to register for Making Tax Digital have been signed up ny HMRC.
Please sign in to your account and add the VAT service to the account.
Please see the link below:
Sign in to your VAT online account
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.