Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:59:08 GMT by Anne
Our company has successfully registered for VAT and submits quarterly VAT returns. However our VAT number is not recognised by the VAT checker and this is causing problems registering for an EORI number. I have spoken repeatedly to the VAT helpline who confirm that it is a recognised problem but are unable either to solve it or to give me a time frame for resolving it. This includes being passed around multiple different parts of the VAT help system without success. I have also spoken to the customs and international trade helpline who first told me to email an unrecognised email address and subsequently told me it was not their problem and I should go back to the VAT helpline. This urgently needs sorting and nobody appears able or willing to help. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:23:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

We are having an issue whereby some new registration numbers are not showing as valid on the VAT checker. It is being investigated but can you contact our VAT team so that we can pass on your details to the team who are looking in to this.

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.