Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 May 2024 21:54:53 GMT by Ke
Hi, we have been under checking for Sept 2023 and thereafter. After 7 month, finally the compliance auditor comfirmed the approvel on 30 April, and told me the repayments will be with me in 72 hours. but, I did not received the repayment until now. I called 03002003700 and was told this is in payment team. then NO update at all. Every time I called, same answer, No update. So how can I contact this payment team to confirm when I can get the repayment for last 6 month? and how long time should this payment team release the repayment to me?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 13:30:34 GMT by Jay Cooke
Once the HMRC officer has approved the refund/return then it usually takes about 7-10 days for the refund to be processed and in your bank. There has been a bank holiday last week so that may add a day or two to the situation. Sometimes the HMRC officer can forget to process the refund instructions following a VAT audit/inspection, the easiest solution is to contact the VAT officer dealing with your audit/inspection and ask them to check the situation. You will have their email and/or telephone number and they will know who you are and familiar with your case. The General VAT helpline should have been able to advise you, they do have access to your VAT file/account and can see any notes on your file, but where you have been dealing with a person who you know by name, its best to contact them, it'll be quicker.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 11:31:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

When a reclaim is checked and the compliance team are happy to release the credit, depending on which method it is issued, if by BACS it can take 3 to 5 banking days, if cheque, then 10 working days. The VAT helpline should be able to advise of which method was used.

It may be the case as your return was queried by our compliance team, we have set an indicator to prevent the release of a credit while investigating and this has not been removed. 

We would suggest to contact the VAT helpline so we can check.

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.