Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 12:05:35 GMT by
I submitted my first [new business] VAT return on 25th May which had a refund amount. The expected refund date was 23rd June. It's nearly two weeks past this date and I have had no correspondence by email/post or any updates on my business tax account. When I call the helpline I'm simply told it's going through further checks and I need to wait. Although polite and helpful, nobody can actually tell me how long these checks take and if/when I will be required to send evidence. The refund monies was going to be used towards further purchases and is now holding up progress. Any advice on what I can possible do or how long I can be expected to wait... Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:51:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Our timescales for repayment returns is 30 net days so I'm surprised you have not heard anything by now.

Please contact our VAT team again as we will need to find the officer who is processing the claim and get in touch with them urgently.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 11:25:32 GMT by
We submitted a vat return on 6/5/23 the box 5 figure is a repayment amount 43 working days ago and as yet have had no contact from hmrc. We are vat registered 30 years and have never had this happen , repeated calls to hmrc helpline who have been most helpful and have agreed that some form of correspondence should have been made. What do we do next this had put a lot of pressure financially on our business
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 07:47:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Ifyou call the helpline and request they escalate this for you they will be able to check if any correspondence has been issued 03002003700.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.