Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 10:57:34 GMT by popmasterloser
Hi, Super dumb question but I'm struggling to find the answers or simple answers anyway. Started a new company and shut the old one down but C79 certificates are still going to the old company. From what I understand, this is the senders not putting the correct details/EORI on the customs and duty forms? So it's just a case of informing them they NEED to update the details their end? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 14:00:39 GMT by Jay Cooke
The freight agents or senders will use whatever EORI number you have given them.....so if you have not told them that you are no longer trading under (old EORI), then how will they know you are now operating under a new VAT/EORI number? Also, if C79's are still being generated, this would suggest you have not de-registered the old company for VAT/not cancelled the EORI number.....it should not be possible for a C79 to be generated against an invalid (deregistered) VAT number, so unless it is a glitch, it looks like you've not deregistered the old company for VAT/cancelled the EORI. If you've forgot to deregister then suggest you action this urgently. It is also possible that because C79's are issued 45 days or so after the import, that there may be one or two C79's that relate to the old company/old EORI is also a possibility.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 14:48:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
HI.
The C79 Certificate is generated automatically whent the import declaration is made and this will be sent to the importer whose EORI number has been used on the declaration.
The freight agent who completes the declaration will therefore need your correct EORI number in order for you to receive the C79 Certificate.
I would relay this back to your overseas supplier.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.