Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 03:06:25 GMT by
Hello there I want to change tax agent in UK *I am out side of UK I need some information or help from ex agent? I just can make contract with new agent? Thanks
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 08:46:35 GMT by Jay Cooke
You contact your new tax agent and they will send you a 64-8 form which will give them the right to contact HMRC on your behalf. The form will also be sent to HMRC and HMRC will update their records. If you need information from your ex agent, the new agent can contact the ex agent, but if you have outstanding invoices with the ex agent, the ex agent may be slow to assist the new tax agent or may even refuse to co-operate with the new agent, it depends on what information you want from the ex agent. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-agents-and-advisers-authorising-your-agent-64-8
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 13:58:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

If you are looking to change your tax agent then you would need to approach this agent so that they can act for you. You would not need to contact the old agent as the new agent authority will supercede the old agent. You can see guidance here:

How to get authorised to act as a tax agent on behalf of your clients

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 09:03:15 GMT by
Thank you ,Jason ,thank you,moderator I really appreciate detailed information.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.