Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 07:25:37 GMT by
I registered by business on the 20th September and shortly after i received all the relevant correct documents i needed to pass onto my supplier/contract. I then had an email back from my contract handler saying my VAT number is showing as 'invalid' and that they can not pay or back date the VAT until this is showing as valid. i have contacted HMRC numerous times and every time they tell me that its showing ok their end and that its with the relevant team to resolve this issue. Well i haven't heard anything back and i have drivers that need their VAT paying and ultimately this will put me out of business if it is not resolved quickly. I have a certificate to show my VAT is valid but the contract I work with wants to see it as valid online. I have called the number 03002003700 so please dont ask me to call them again. I just need this resolved immediately so I can stay in business.
Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:11:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue and that it has yet to be resolved.

If you have contacted HMRC and reported the issue then this will have been passed over to
the Department responsible for resolving this.

HMRC are working urgently to fix this issue for all companies affected but at the moment,
unfortunately, we don't have a timescale for this issue to be resolved .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.