Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 15:52:45 GMT by Richard Gregory
I've found out that I incurred a late submission penalty (all my fault!) and want to pay it online, but for the last week just just keep getting the same "Sorry, there is a problem with this service" page. I get the same when I try and access any other page about my payments. Is it just me?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 09:45:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 2 Response
Hi,

Please report this page via the 'Get help with this page' link. If the page isn't available on the page you are having the issue then go back to the sign in page and it will be available there.

You can find ways to pay your VAT bill here:

Pay your VAT bill

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 09:57:26 GMT by Richard Gregory
Thanks I reported the page last week. I can't use the "pay your vat bill" online it asks for a reference number I don't have...hence why I'm trying to get onto the details about the penalty in my original post. Fingers crossed I hear back soon.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 10:04:44 GMT by DimiLondon
Hey, I'm experiencing the same problem whenever I try to see how much VAT I owe, I get message "Sorry, there is a problem with the service Try again later." It's been like that for a few months now
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 16:29:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi DimiLondon,
Please report this page vis the 'Get help with this page' link.
If the page is not available on the page you are having the issue then go back to the sign in page and it will be available there.
Please see the options below for paying HMRC:
Pay your VAT bill
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.