Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 15:53:29 GMT by Rahul2024 prajapati
Hi, I live in India and hold Permanent Residency here. In April 2023, I established a company in the UK using a UK address. Last month, I applied for and received VAT registration; however, the address on the VAT certificate is incorrectly listed as my Indian address instead of the UK address. When I attempted to set up VAT on the HMRC site, I encountered the error mentioned in the thread title. Could this address mismatch be the cause of the issue? If so, what steps should I take to correct this and update the address on the VAT certificate to the UK address? Additionally, For now, could you please confirm which postcode should be entered when setting up VAT in this situation? so that i can file my VAT returns on time. Thank you for your assistance.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 08:09:31 GMT by Jay Cooke
If you visit here https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-vat-number and enter your VAT number, the address shown will be the address you use for setting up the government gateway.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 08:40:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Rahul2024 prajapati,
If you need to change the address for your business please follow the link below:
Change your VAT registration details.
In order to create your Making Tax Digital Account in the meantime please contact our Online Services Helpdesk so that they can guide you through the process and advise you which details to use to successfully create an account.
Please see below:
Get help using VAT online services.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 12:14:34 GMT by Rahul2024 prajapati
Hi Please confirm how to set up the VAT account if i am getting error "We could not confirm your business The information you provided does not match the details........................."?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 13:23:22 GMT by Rahul2024 prajapati
Hi I am requesting you to please confirm how to resolve this error"We could not confirm your business The information you provided does not match the details.....?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 06:45:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rahul2024 prajapati,
If you are trying to enrol for Making Tax Digital and you are getting this error message please contact our Online Services Team as below:
Get help using VAT online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.