Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 14:52:53 GMT by Rahul2024 prajapati
Hi I have created my company in Apr2023 in UK and am residing in india. After that my Turnover exceed the registration limit pound 85k Iin Dec'2023 however i was not aware about the fact that i need to take registration. So when i realized i need to take VAT registration i applied for VAT registration and received in July'2024. So few are my question- 1. Is there any penalty/ late fees for such delay when i will file VAT return 2. From which month , do i need to file VAT return. If i file VAT Return before July2024, do i need to pay penalty. 3. I am providing antivirus Software services through online with in UK and Outsite UK, is there any exemption criteria for selling services to EU country.
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 11:12:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Rahul2024 prajapati,
Can you please contact us regarding your account as we can confirm the date of your Registration, which dates your first return will cover and whether there are any late Registration penalties on your account.
Please see the link below:
VAT: general enquiries
In order to an judge whether you will need to charge VAT on your services you need to confirm whether you are a UK established business or not as this will determine the Place of Supply of your services.
Please see the guidance below:
Who should register for VAT (VAT Notice 700/1)
Have a good look at this guidance and then post the query again on the forum so that we can help determine the Place of Supply of your services.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.