Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:39:52 GMT by desert harbour uk
Hi, I applied for a VAT certificate somewhere in January this year, and I received a letter of "VAT registration approved" on around 25 Jan 2024. This letter is not the VAT certificate, and they mentioned I could find my certificate on my Business Tax Account "shortly". However, up to today (29th Feb 2024), I: - Haven't received any VAT certificate by post. - Haven't seen any VAT certificate displayed on my Business Tax account. My questions are: 1. Would I be sent my VAT certificate by post? 2. How long would it take for my VAT certificate shown on my Business Tax account? 3. Is there any number I can call to ask about it? Thank you and I hope you all have great weekends
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 07:22:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi desert harbour uk,
We do now only send out a letter of Registration rather than a VAT Certificate.
You will need to enroll for the MTD services on your Business Tax Account and you will then be able to access your VAT Certificate online.
Once signed in to the account you will see an option for Add a tax/duty or scheme.
It is here you then add the MTD enrollment.
Once signed up for MTD , click on the option to ‘View your VAT account and then under the ‘Manage your VAT’ section, click on ‘View your VAT certificate.’
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:03:25 GMT by desert harbour uk
Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. I have tried to google but I couldn't get where I can sign up with my MTD (which I assumed is Making Tax Digitally) So on my Business Account Homepage, I presume it would be as: Manage Account -> Add a tax, duty or scheme to your account -> Get online access to a tax, duty or scheme -> "Where do you want to add?", I pick: "Self Assessment for individuals, sole traders, partnerships or trusts, or Making Tax Digital for Income Tax" ,then fill out the information. Am I correct? I'm really confused as I couldn't find the VAT certificate anywhere Thank you
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 14:48:24 GMT by Jay Cooke
You are in the right area/section of your government gateway/business account homepage. Is there not an option for "VAT" when you are going through the options? Manage account> Add tax, duty or scheme to your account> Get online access to a tax, duty or scheme?> VAT VAT has nothing to do with self assessment for MTD for income tax. So you need to explore around this "manage account" but avoid any options that relate to self assessment or personal taxes.
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 09:46:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi desert harbour uk,
Once you see the option for ' Get online access to a tax, duty or scheme ' there should be an option for VAT.You would then follow the instructions from there.
If you are still having difficulty then please contact our Helpline and we can guide you through it.
Please see below:
VAT: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 09:52:41 GMT by desert harbour uk
I got it done. Thank you so much

You must be signed in to post in this forum.