Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 22:29:15 GMT by
I just received Today letter that my application is delayed and they need run additional checks . This is probably due to my virtual business address . I did not know that I can’t use virtual address . I amended address Today to my home address. What happened next ? Will they know that I changed address ? My application has virtual address and now I changed it to the different one ? Should I apply again with the correct address?
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:39:49 GMT by Jay Cooke
The letter from HMRC will ask you to reply to HMRC with your response/replies to the queries they have asked. So if you've changed your trading/business address to your home address, then email that evidence to HMRC and HMRC can continue processing your application. The HMRC letter may state an email address to send your update/evidence to or else, use this link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/vat-registration-applications-exceptions-and-changes and click on the section near the top "Applying for VAT registration - additional information reply form" and that will open up a little form for your to complete and submit. Do not apply again as that will only confuse HMRC, just follow the instructions in the HMRC letter you have recevied.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 16:19:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Annakasia,
As long as you have let the Registration Team know that you have changed the Principal Place od Business to your home address then they will update the application.
If in any doubt if they have received the new address please email them on vrs.newregistrations@hmrc.gov.uk.
Thank you, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.