Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Nov 2023 13:06:27 GMT by
I am registered for Annual VAT, my VAT registration shows next return in 2024, but receiving penalty notices for not submitting quarterly returns. I eventually got hold of the VAT helpline, who don't understand as they could see me registered for annual returns, and the quarterly penalty. They raised an internal case to try and stimulate a response. Helpline suggested talking to the Annual VAT helpline. I have been trying for the last month, a couple of days a week, several times each day, and have never got to speak to anyone. I am also being sent letters saying my agent has told the HMRC about changes, but I have no authorised agent. How do I get to speak to someone about this, as I guess the second penalty will be handed down soon, and I would like to get this cleared up
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 13:49:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Please speak to our Helpline again on 03002003700 and we can either transfer you over to the Annual Accounting Team internally and do an internal referral over to the Annual Team so that they can resolve this for you.
Thank you
Posted Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:30:37 GMT by
Hi, my apologies, I didn't make my first post clear enough. After 2 weeks of trying, I got through to the VAT helpline, spoke to a very helpful person, who tried to transfer me to the annual VAT team, but the call wasn't answered. They then raised an internal referral, (not sure I should put the reference on here?) and asked me to continue trying to call the annual VAT team direct, which I have been doing, but have not got through yet.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:13:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

If we have completed a referral over to the Annual Accounting Team then they will deal with your request.

I am aware that they are a busy Team but they will look over your case and resolve the issue.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.