Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:34:11 GMT by
VAT repayment not credited to my account even after 30 days. When I track the repayments, I can see from HMRC site that repayment completed on 12-Dec-2023 but I have not received the amount in my bank account. I'm outside of UK so I couldnt call the customer service by phone. Can someone please guide how to sort out?
Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 08:36:02 GMT by Jay Cooke
You can call HMRC from an overseas telephone. Outside UK: +44 2920 501 261 If you did not supply bank details to HMRC, they will issue a cheque, a cheque is sent in the post, if you are overseas it may take 15-30 days to reach you, depending on where you are, the cheque may also get lost in the post. If you have supplied bank details before filing your return then this can only be fixed by contacting HMRC to find out why the refund has not been received....I would always check that your bank details are correct before calling HMRC as that is the first thing they will ask/check.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:16:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 2 Response
Hi,

Please contact our VAT team so we can check your account.

You can find how to contact us online, by post or call from outside the UK here:

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 20:48:57 GMT by Shack
Hi I have recently started a new business and am owed my first at refund of £43,000 I have spoken to numerous agents who can only inform me that this has been called for an inspection but I am now on day 40 and not had a single call after promises My business will fold this week if I don’t receive the refund
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2024 13:35:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

.I'm sorry your VAT repayment is taking so long.

Please contact us on the Helpline so we can submit an urgent referral to the Compliance Team working on your claim:

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.