Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self assessment ''not captured''

Hi HMRC Admin, Thank you and I have spoken to the agents through the webchat and I may have received varying responses. The general responses is that through the investigation my submission was received as an amended instead of original submission and they will get someone to update that in the records. They also added that the any penalties will be waived off. However, as I am still waiting for a response, I have been receiving ongoing messages that I have not submitted and more penalties will be charged against me which I am not comfortable. I am hoping to check with you that the conversations that I have saved with the agents on the webchat will be official records when someone gets around to look at my case. I have multiple conversations on the webchat that I have recorded in this case. Thank you
  • RE: Self assessment ''not captured''

Hi Wlk385, I am in the same situation where I have submitted an online submission before the deadline and they said they did not receive it and upon checking they said that they have received it as an amended tax return (dated Feb 2024). I have since followed up a couple more times where they mentioned they are still waiting. My concern is that I have been receiving messages from HMRC that I am late and penalties will be occurred which makes me worried. I have checked with the online team and they said they will be waived and the message will keep coming until that's being corrected. May I ask if you are experiencing the same issue? @HMRC Admin - Can you kindly confirm the understanding is correct?