Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Personal Savings from before relocating to the UK

    Hello, I have recently relocated to the UK for work. I opened an account in a UK bank which is the same bank I get my salary paid into. Me and my spouse (we're both IT professionals) have our lifelong savings in our personal overseas joint accounts, which generate no interests or gains, and it is my intention to bring those funds into the UK. I wanted to ask 3 questions: 1. Do I need to pay any sort of UK tax if I wish to wire those funds from the US to my UK bank account? 2. Is there a limit to how much I can transfer in one go or per year? 3. Do we need to inform HRMC or other financial organism of that transfer and the source of the funds? I appreciate the help! Kind regards, JC.