Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Should there be rely from HMRC for paper based Self Assessment?

    That was my very 1st time to do tax return. Since I needed to apply for "Split Year Treatment", I needed to fill out both SA100 and SA109 in paper forms and already sent both to HMRC on 16 Oct 2023. However, as of today, 25 Nov 2023, no reply has been received from HMRC and I have just recently moved to a new address; thus having no access to my previous postal mailbox. For this, I also tried to call HMRC, but no one answer the phone after 30+ mins waiting. Wonder if there is any reply from HMRC upon receiving my tax return?
  • SA 100 and SA 109

    This is my first year as a UK resident. For self-assessment, I have filled out SA-100 through online system, and I think I should also fill out SA-109 for "Split Year Treatment". My question is: Can I submit SA-109 in form of a softcopy attachment to my SA-100 submission? Or I need to request for a paper based SA-100 and submit it together with a physical paper SA-109?