Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Claiming pension tax relief for previous tax years

    Hello, I have just realised that my workplace pension works on a 'Relief at source' basis. As a higher rate tax payer I should have claimed the extra tax relief in my self assessments but did not realise I had to do this at the time. How can I claim the tax relief for pension contributions for previous tax years? I can't see where on the self assessment form I should do this? Please note I am not talking about carrying forward unused annual allowance. Kind regards,