Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Switching between Remittance and Arising Basis

I do understand that I’m taxable on any remittances of income or gains. However, it’s neither the income nor gains I’m referring to. I’m referring to the original investment amount - is this subject to tax?
  • RE: Switching between Remittance and Arising Basis

Thank you, how about if I only remitted my original investment amount, and not the capital gains? For example, I had a foreign property investment of £100k, which generated £20k capital gains when I was on remittance basis. After I switched to arising basis, I then only remit the original £100k. In this case, am I liable to pay any tax?
  • Switching between Remittance and Arising Basis

I relocated to UK in 2022 and am non-domiciled. I have been filing my self-assessment on a remittance basis. If I switch to arising basis in 2025/26 and start remitting money, do I have any additional tax liabilities on these funds that I am remitting? Thank you.
  • RE: SA109 Box 34-35

What address do I mail the completed form to? Can I fold the form into a small envelope? What type of stamp or mail service do I need to use? Thank you

If I am non-domiciled and thus claiming the remittance basis without having to pay the Remittance Basis Charge, do I still have to submit the Foreign form (SA 106)? I am already submitting the main tax return SA100 and SA 109 (Residence, Remittance basis etc.). Thank you

MUST I fill in Box 34 and 35, or can I leave it blank? Thank you.

I had read the guidance prior. However, the guidance states: You must fill in boxes 34 and 35 if you've put "X' (only) in boxes 28, 31 or 32. ** Does this mean you MUST fill in boxes 34-35 if you’ve put “X” - in 28 OR 31 OR 32? OR - in 28 AND either 31 OR 32? Thank you for your help.
  • SA109 Box 34-35

If I ticked Box 28, but have only been a UK resident for 1 year (non-domiciled), do I leave box 34 and 35 empty? I have left Box 29-33 blank. Thank you for your help.