Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to complete previous years' self assessments online

    Hi, I'm afraid the above answers don't address my question. I'm registed for Self-Assessment, employed (pay tax via PAYE), have submitted my return for YE 22, but also want submit returns for prior years YE 21, YE22 in order claim tax relief on pension contributions paid after tax. These years have not been requested by HMRC and thus don't appear in "Tax Return Options" or "More Self-Assessment Options". Can I submitt returns for these prior years online, or do I have to file a paper return. Thanks in advance.