Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Local forms for Withholding tax

Hi, I have to apply for the certificates of residency, and some countries require this via their own local forms, Indonesia DGT form, France 12816*3 5003 & 12816*4 5000, Italy Agenzia Entrate form etc. On these We fill out the entity details, tax numbers of our companies. Then the company details of the Payer, then sign and date, send these off to HMRC for Certification of Residency, once returned back to us, we send on to the customer. Some customers have now asked for these to have my wet signature on the form. My question is can we send the forms to HMRC, with our details on (Company name, address and tax numbers) for certification, without the details of the payee and my signature, so that when we recaive them back, I can then wet sign them and send them on to the customers? I have never been sure of the process for local forms completion and what is needed before asking to be certified, if they can be blank (only the Payers details and signature section for me!), then I could ask for a batch of the forms to be stamped by HMRC, so that when they are requested for, I can then fill in the customer details, sign and date what we have, instead of making a request each time (there are many requests in my company) as some do not accept just the Basic Certificate of Residence.
  • RE: Certificate of Residence forms

Thank you, that helps greatly. A follow on question, as I'm still learning the process. On some Local forms, for Italy and France, there is a part that asks for the Our (UK) Tax authority to certify that we are a resident and asks for a signature and stamp, Would the Certificate of Residence cover this part of the form? So I could send them a filled out form, with a COR attached, and not have to send the local form to HMRC to be stamped, as this is already covered on the COR certificate. I only ask this as we have many requests, like one publisher has requests for 23 different companies, that would mean 23 request to HMRC each with a COR request too?!? I understand for countries like Japan, the COR form is their own and needs verifying, and some others need an apostle, so these are individual requests.
  • Certificate of Residence forms

Can I use the same COR multiple times? for instance I apply for the Certificate for Italy and one of the Entities we have, and then a month later, I have to send off another Local form for Italy, under the same Entity, could I use the same COR from the last time? I only ask, because I know that they are valid for 12 months from the date on the form, or will I need to apply for a new COR each time I have a request?