Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Working abroad as Ltd

Thank you for your help. Thank you for getting back to me, Lewis Finnegan and HMRC Admin 25. First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude for your prompt response to my query. However, I fear that my request may not have been as clear as it could have been, and for that, I apologize. To provide further context on my situation, my company, Z Ltd, has been subcontracted by UK-based firm, X Ltd, to provide services to a Trinidad-based company. I have been dispatched to Trinidad to execute this work, with X Ltd making payments to my company in GBP currency, and my company subsequently paying me, the director, a salary into my UK bank account. I would be most grateful if you could kindly advise me on whether or not my company would be required to pay tax to the UK government if I work in Trinidad for more than 183 days. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
  • Working abroad as Ltd

Hi, hope you’ll be able to help me with the following question. I am a director at my own Ltd and I was send by my main contractor (a UK company) to work in Trinidad, USA. My LTD will be paid from the UK company, hence no foreign income. My question is, if I spend more than 183 days away from UK will I still be considered as UK resident? Do I have to pay tax overseas even though I’m paid from a UK company? Many thanks for your help.