Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Temporary import - export of machinery

    Hi, our EU based company´s business lies in the demolitions of glass furnaces. And we´ve got a business contract in Great Britain (England, not Northern Ireland) for a British based company. We will take our team of workers into Great Britain, as well as our own machinery equipment and tools. Does any „step-by-step manual“ exist (customs, visa, VAT…) for EU based companies having a contract in GB? What is the easiest way how to temporarily import building machinery and tools in the UK and after ca 1 month to re-export it to the EU again? We probably cannot use the ATA Carnet, because in our case we want to export the non-allowed equipment (construction, repair or maintenance of buildings, earth moving and like projects). So we probably need to apply to import goods temporarily into the UK, as stated at ? Then we do not need to pay customs or VAT on these „goods“ or make any accounting operations. Should we go through the full authorisation, declaration or oral declaration? Is that a right procedure? And do we need an UK EORI number, or just an EU EORI is sufficient? Or would you suggest to me another customs process to go through? And finally, do you have any information if we should register to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)? Thank you very much.