Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Application of remittance basis without claim - other cases

    Hi, I am a non-domiciled resident, having recently moved to the UK from abroad. At present, I do not have a job in the UK. If I would like to apply for the remittance basis without claim - other cases (ITA07/s809E), may I know: 1. if I have interest or dividend from ISA accounts in a tax year that is over GBP100, will it fail the criterion of "they have no UK income or gains for that year, or they have only UK income in the form of taxed investment income (see below) of under £100"? 2. if not, and if all the other criteria are met, is there any reporting requirement to HMRC? Thank you.
  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hi, I'll arrive in the UK next week with BNO visa. My partner who is still working in Hong Kong plans to transfer a sum of money as a gift to me later in the year for buying a property. I understand that there is no tax due for income tax purposes on the transfer or gift of money unless it generates interest in a bank account, and such interest would then be subject to income tax. However, is there an annual maximum limit for such gift money for tax-free purpose?