Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• How long to process paper partnership return?

Hi. I submitted our first partnership tax return on paper and it's showing as received on 18 July. We made under £2k in the year so I really can't justify paying out for software. I just wondered how long it was likely to take to process the return - and will I be contacted when it's done or do I just have to keep checking? Thanks
  • Showing partnership income on individual return

Hi. I'm in a partnership with my 17 yr old child. Last year we made about £3.5k (£1.6k after allowable deductions). I've completed the partnership tax return (for posting unfortunately) and am now trying to do my personal one. I was employed until December 2022. I didn't actually draw down any money from the partnership last year, but my share of total profits would be £860. I'm not clear what info I need to put where on the self assessment form. "Was your turnover more than £1,000 in total from all self-employments?" As a business we earned more than £1k, but as an individual I didn't. I either earned £860 or £0. I'm not clear at all which of those figures is the right one to use.
  • Partnership - payments to partners

Hi. My child and I run a microbusiness as a partnership. They make a product and I deal with marketing and sales. We made very little last year, but did earn over £1000 so have to file a return. I'm finding it a bit overwhelming! So, we didn't pay ourselves a regular wage from income, but I did make a couple of lump sum payments from our account to our child. I didn't pay myself the same amount though. How do I declare this on the SA800 form? Thanks for any advice you may have.