Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Self assessment/recording van purchase/accruals basis accounting

Hi, I purchased a van for £15k in Aug 2023 as a sole trader NOT using simplified expenses while waiting for decision on a grant application we had made to our local council due to the introduction of a Clean Air Zone. We received the grant £4k (approx) - how do I account for it and over how many years is it an asset? Please don't send me a heap of links I can't understand. I just want to know I am recording this correctly in the accounts. Sole Trader so have no accountant. Thank you
  • RE: Purchase of a Vans as sole trader

Oh my goodness. that is an awful lot of links! Are you not able to just provide information based on my specific circumstances? If not, can I get that anywhere else eg business support area if it exists? I don't have an accountant. Thank you
  • RE: Purchase of a Vans as sole trader

Hi, I purchased a van for £15k in Aug 2023 as a sole trader NOT using simplified expenses while waiting for decision on a grant application we had made to our local council due to the introduction of a Clean Air Zone. We received the grant £4k (approx) - how do I account for it and over how many years is it an asset? Thank you