Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Split year treatment

    Hello Officer, I came to UK from Hong Kong on 1st Aug 2021 and lived in AirBnb until end of November. And I then moved to my own house at end of November (i.e. having a permanent home starting end of November). During the period from 1st Aug to Sept, I continue to work remotely for my Hong Kong employer in UK for approx. 2 months and I also received severance payment from the employer at end of September. I was wondering if (i) i need to report the income from Hong Kong employer for Aug and Sept; (ii) i need to report the severance payment received from the Hong Kong employer. ...And if so, should I use Employment sheet SA102 to report the salaries, and also do i need to use SA101 to report the severance payment please? furthermore, these income are subject to Hong Kong taxes, should I fill in SA106 to report the tax credit as well please? thank you!