Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• SIPP personal pension relief at source

Hello, im thinking about paying into a SIPP days before the tax year end to reduce my taxes. i know my pension provider uses the relief at source method. ive read online this could take up to 6 weeks. if i do my payment 1 week before the end of the tax year, would i be entitled for that relief if it comes back 6 weeks from that date? or that relief would carry over to the next tax year and i would not get any tax benefit in the current tax year? that is the point of making the payment into pension. thanks.
  • Employment Foreign income

Hi, I have 2 sources of employment income, a uk and a foreign income from spain. I have PAYE for the uk income, however i need to submit a self assessment for the foreign income. Im doing this via a tax filer website Im not sure what deductions paid in spain can be claimed for tax relief under the DTA I have these questions: > In Employment SA102, for UK income 1) Pay from this employment before tax was taken off: Is this the GROSS salary before any kind of deductions including NI? 2) UK Tax taken off: Does this include NI or not? > In Employment SA102, for Foreign income 1) Pay from this employment before tax was taken off: Is this the GROSS salary before any kind of deduction like income tax and Social Security and medical Insurance? or can i discount those 2) UK Tax taken off: Should be 0? > Foreing SA106, for Foreign income 1) Amount of income on which tax is payable: Is this the same value as SA102 (1) ? 2) Foreign tax paid: Can include income tax, social security and private medical insurance? or some of those items are not allowed Ive read the DTA but its not really conclusive what can be claimed as relief. In spain the big deductions are Income tax, social security and medical insurance, and  I wish to understand what can be claimed in the uk. thanks a lot