Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: How to Pay Voluntary National Insurance Contributions from Abroad

    Hi there, I have been approved to pay Voluntary Class 2 NI (whilst living and working abroad) and have received a breakdown of the shortfall years to pay. I still live and work abroad but wish to pay the shortfall from a UK bank account which I still have. Can you confirm that the correct account to pay it into is Account no: 12001004 Sort Code: 08-32-20? And please could you confirm if the 18 digit reference must include 'IC' if it is coming from a UK bank (but paying for Class 2 shortfall payment whilst still living abroad). Do I use my NI number + surname + initial or NI number + IC + my surname + initial? Many thanks