Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: CGT Loss on Crypto Tokens : Filling in the form correctly

Thank-you. I was hoping /assuming this would be the case!
  • CGT Loss on Crypto Tokens : Filling in the form correctly

So , I made a few losses (more than my gains!) on crypto during 22/23. I want to carry these CGT losses through to 23/24 or maybe 24/25. There are 11 tokens in total to process - I have all the figures in an itemised spreadsheet for each token with all buys/sells. I know I can/should/will upload this later in the process. 1 token made a gain, the other 10 gave losses. I have the overall summarised totals available to enter. I am trying to enter these as follows (my responses are in [] and I have altered the figures for simplicity. Please see my questions after the "**" SECTION : Other property, assets and gains "Number of disposals: (optional)" [11] "Disposal proceeds: (optional)" [120] --** this is the total sales value of all tokens YES/NO ?? "Allowable costs (including purchase price): (optional)" [300] --** this is the total costs to buy all those tokens which were sold ?? "Gains in the year, before losses - do not include attributed gains where personal losses cannot be set off: (optional) " [10] -- ** - just the gain from the from the 1 profitable token ?? "Attributed gains where personal losses cannot be set off: (optional)" [BLANK] "Losses in the year: (optional)" [190] --from the other 10 tokens . Presumably no negative is required here as it is already stated as being a Loss ? When I do this and go onto the next page "Losses and Adjustments" , it says I have a Capital Gain =10 ? - it appears to be ignoring the "Losses" entry?... Surely the Loss should be 180 ("total gains- total losses" or "total sales-total costs") which is registered/noted here ? Where (which box number?) is the registered CGT loss displayed on the final return ?