Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Taxation for Italian residents

    I had understood that the pension tax should be payable in Italy as it is a UK occupational pension but not a government pension. Can you confirm that I should just declare it to the Italian tax authorities and not to the UK? I understand from your reply that I need to declare any rental income to both authorities and then get tax relief. Does this mean that I would pay the Italian authorities the difference between the UK tax already paid and the higher Italian tax, or would I have to pay both full amounts and claim back from the Italian state? It is not clear how I would manage different tax years, especially as the UK tax year starts later than the Italian one. Any advice appreciated. Thank you - Danny
  • Taxation for Italian residents

    On my retirement I am planning to live with my EU citizen wife in Italy and will be an Italian resident. I will have an occupational pension from USS, and rental income from my flat. Can you advise me under the dual taxation arrangement (a) where I need to pay these taxes (b) what I will need to do to submit the taxes and to ensure that I am not double taxed.