Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• what kind of document do I need to prove that I pay in the UK National Health Insurance (NHS)

Hy...I'm romanian. I work in England since 2016 and before ( full time) but I'm still a romanian citizen and I go once or twice a year to Romania on my holiday. I have settled status and a UK contract in a UK company. I pay national insurance contributions in UK and I have a NHS number. So far, so good. I'm insured in UK and I can benefit from NHS services. Because I need health services as well in Romania and I'm still romanian citizen and I have my property rent in Romania, for these reasons, the Romanian authorities (NAFA: National Agency of Fiscal Administration) asked me to prove with a document that I pay from my salary for national health insurance in the UK (NHS in this case) including in 2024 year. I know that there is a mutual agreement between both countries ( UK and Romania). I pay taxes and contributions in UK and I should be covered in both countries. I have no clue where I can find that document. I understand this information can be filled in the E104 or SO41 form which is used between UK and EU countries...or other form..I don't know. Can someone help me, please! Thanks a lot. Claudia