Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Does Interest on Cash ISA count towards ISA allowance?

Hi I opened a 1-year fixed term cash ISA account in the tax year 2023-2024. I was told I was to receive monthly interest by cheque since I did not have any personal account in that said bank. I understand any interest generated from an ISA account is tax-free. But in my case, I wonder how the tax-free is guaranteed if I deposit cheques to another bank (non-ISA account)? Does it mean I do NOT need to report my earned interest from the ISA account to HMRC? And theoretically, if the interest earned from the ISA account can be deposited into the same account (e.g. 100pounds interest earned) in 2023-2024 tax year and I get 20,100 pounds when the account matures, does it mean I can have a capital of 20100 + 20000 = 40100 pounds in a new ISA account opened in the next tax year? Thank you in advance for any reply
  • RE: Oversea "single-premium" 5 years life savings insurance policy

hi I came across this thread and wanted to get more information for the mention of "If the gain is more than £10,000.00, you will need to declare the gain in a Self Assessment Tax return." and "If the gain is less, you will need to send the certificate to HM Revenue and Customs." Thanks in advance
  • foreign life insurance (change of policyholder)

hi My father (non-UK resident) bought a foreign life insurance for me when I was a minor. He's still the policyholder while I am the insured. Now that I will become a UK resident when I start my full time job in 2024, I wonder if he can transfer the policy to me and make me the policyholder without any tax implications. My follow up question is whether the 5% withdrawal rule can only apply to policies with single premiums. thanks in advance for your help