Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Adding to ISA when on a gap year

Hello. I have discovered that you must be a resident in the UK to add to your ISA. I am currently travelling asia, and will have been absent from the UK for 7 months upon my return. I left march 2024. I was staying in croatia before this for a year, but I did come back to the UK to visit family. I do not own a house abroad or in the UK. I am English and so are my parents. So my question is, am I ok to add money to my ISA? Am I still classed as a UK resident? Many thanks
  • RE: ISA account for non resident person

Hello. I have a couple of questions. My first question is to do with residency. I am a british citizen, born in england, my parents also. I lived in croatia for 12 months, but not continuosly. I came back for a couple weeks at a time to visit family. I then returned home in february and stayed in england until the middle of march. I am now travelling asia for 7 months. Does this class me as a non UK resident? I live with my parents in the UK and I do not own any houses abroad or in the UK. 2) I would like to put money into an ISA, but you have to be UK resident to do so. That is why I am asking. Thanks!