Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How to claim reliaf on withheld taxes paid on foreign dividends?

Hello, Thank you for replying. I'm now looking at the SA106 form. But it's not clear to me how I request only tax relief, without declaring dividend income? And which parts I have to fill out? Is it just Columns A – F, in “Dividends from foreign companies” ? To prove the shares were held in an ISA account, can I just print out the purchase & dividend report from my broker? Apologies for my confusion, and thank you again for the help.
  • How to claim reliaf on withheld taxes paid on foreign dividends?

Hello, In the 2022–2023 tax year I held an Israeli dividend-paying stock (“ZIM Shipping”) in my shares ISA. The company paid dividends, but due to Israeli tax-law, 25% of the income was withheld as taxes. So I only received 75% of the dividend, the rest went to the Israeli state. I would like to claim tax relief on this income. What form do I need to send in to achieve this? SA106, or SA109? Thank you. PS: While I already returned my self-assessment for the 2022-2023 tax year, I was told by a HMRC representative over the phone that one can amend one's tax returns up to a year after initial submission. So all I need to do here is just send in the correct form, right?