Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Registering power of attorney

I’ve sent the certified copy PoA to the address given and, according to Royal Mail tracking, it was collected in Wolverhampton on 17 May. My first question is how long will it take for the certified copy to be returned to me? I hold the PoA for my son who is currently working in Gabon. He has been granted non-dom status but it seems that HMRC has not notified his UK employer of this so tax is still being deducted. This is the issue that I want to resolve. What HMRC phone number(s) do I use to (a) find out whether the PoA is now noted on my son’s account, and (b) resolve the substantive issue about deduction of tax? Thanks
  • Registering power of attorney

I’m astonished to read here that HMRC don’t accept the online summary of a Power of Attorney - a system created by Government to make processes easier. So I have to send a certified copy. I hold a Power of Attorney for my son who is living and working abroad just now and there is an issue to be resolved about his tax code. What HMRC address should I use when sending in the certified copy?