Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Tax Deduction on ULEZ Charge for Employees

    I am currently completing my self assessment tax return. I am employed PAYE and my employer reimburses me for business mileage for business journeys in my own vehicle. They do not reimburse me for ULEZ charges. The HMRC guidance seems to suggest I am eligible to claim tax relief for ULEZ charges incurred for business use. "Relief is still permitted for the actual cost of other expenses resulting from the business travel. These are expenses that would be incurred regardless of the mode of travel or that are not specific to the particular vehicle that is being used. This might include toll fees, congestion charges or car parking." Should i enter these costs as expenses on my Self Assessment return? Thank you