Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Split year treatment questions

Hi, there doesn't seem to be any way to include SA109 as a supplementary sheet (to give split-year details) on the Self Assessment Online. Do I actually have to print out to SA109 form, fill it in, scan it and then upload it as an additional document to the Self Assesment Online in the "any other information" section, or is there a way to fill it in directly in the Self Assessment Online?
  • RE: Split year treatment questions

Hello I have assessed that I am eligible for split year treatment (case 2) for tax-year 2022-23 I left UK on 31 Jan 2023 and registered as resident of Switzerland on 1 Feb 2023. I was previously UK resident for all previous tax years. 1. For my self-assessment for tax-year 2022-23 can I simply declare only my income from 6 Apr 2022 to 31 Jan 2023, or do I need to declare the full tax year income, and seek a rebate for 1 Feb 2023 to 5 April 2023 period I was not a UK resident? 2. Also, I believe I need to notify HMRC that I am no longer UK resident, but an internet search seems to indicate I need to print a form and mail it in to HMRC. Can this now be done electronically - either through an online form, or emailing the printed form?