Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Employee Travel Expenses - Food and Drink

    Hi, I have a fixed place of work but frequently travel to clients during the day across the county, these are not overnight stays. I will frequently buy lunch/coffee while traveling. These costs are not reimbursed by my employer. The cost would usually be £5-10/day, a maximum of £20/day if been working extended hours. Are these allowable expenses, and can they be claimed in box 17 of the employment section? Thank you.