Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign pension back payments

    Hi, I am retired and make a self-assessment return each year to report overseas pension income that is taxed only in the UK. I recently found out that from 2016 I was eligible for another overseas pension that again is taxable only in the UK. This new annual payment is small, and I will report it in my 23/24 self assessment and in future self assessments. But I have also received back payment for the years 2016 to 2022, as a lump sum. Should I include this lump sum in my 23/24 self assessment (this will not take me into a higher tax bracket)? Or should I declare it directly to HMRC? Thanks.