Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Maximum pension contribution by an Employer via salary sacrifice

Is there a maximum weekly amount my employer is allowed to pay in Salary Sacrifice pension? They are claiming that their maximum is £847 per week and that it is a regulatory maximum. I can not find any rules that state that there is a maximum a company can pay in salary sacrifice for pension. As I understand it there is a cap of £60k per year. Assume an employee wanted the employer to pay £1,000 per week/£52,000 per year of their salary in to pension as a salary sacrifice would that be possible or are there any regulations stopping the employer from doing so?
  • RE: Pension contributions

Hi there HMRC, Is there a maximum weekly amount my employer is allowed to pay in Salary Sacrifice pension? They are claiming that their maximum is £847 per week and that it is a regulatory maximum. I can not find any rules that state that there is a maximum a company can pay in salary sacrifice for pension. As I understand it there is a cap of £60k per year. Assume an employee wanted the employer to pay £1,000 per week/£52,000 per year of their salary in to pension as a salary sacrifice would that be possible or are there any regulations stopping the employer from doing so?