Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Several postal items lost by Hmrc

In the past 3 months I have sent a Trust tax return and a personal tax return to Hmrc by ‘signed for’ Royal Mail post. Both are shown on Royal Mail tracking as being delivered to the relevant Hmrc post codes. As I heard nothing back after several weeks I phoned Hmrc (one call to the Trust dept, one to the personal dept) to be told that neither of these returns are showing on the Hmrc system. The same thing happened to the Trust tax return I sent last year. I keep being told that this is very unusual but my experience is that 3 out of 4 submissions have gone missing. Both the Trust return and the personal return (as it involves Trust income) cannot be done online. This situation is immensely frustrating, expensive and time consuming. Why is the Hmrc post handling so inefficient?
  • Trust tax returns

For the second year running the paper Trust tax return I submitted as trustee (posted ‘signed for’ in an attempt to make sure it arrived) has apparently not been received by Hmrc. I will have to print it out again and re-send. I sent it to BX9 1EL. What happens to post when it arrives at Hmrc? Hmrc do not allow Trust tax returns to be done online so I am forced to send by post. Why can’t I do it online? I am also POA for my mother and as she receives a very small income from the above trust I am not allowed to do her tax return online either, forcing me to send by post again. Why?