Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: CCS Collect Scam or HMRC?

Hi, About 2+ months ago I was contacted by CCS Collect (see above). After being in contact with them several times, I was informed that they had been instructed by HMRC to close my file because payment had been made directly to them. After a few weeks I started receiving communication from a different company - LCS - providing the same spill as CCS, but they were asking me to pay a different amount that CCS had in the past. Can you clarify what is happening, exactly? You're a governmental body, why are your ways so confusing? For any outstanding amounts you believe I owe you I will need to receive a confirmation letter from you clearly stating which company you're working with. Randomly being contacted by different companies asking for all sorts of amounts is not going to help.
  • RE: CCS Collect Scam or HMRC?

None of my questions has been addressed.
  • CCS Collect Scam or HMRC?

I have been receiving two text messages from a company called CCS Collet. They are requesting payments through a provided link, but upon clicking, the website appears to be non-existent. The messages also contain a case number. I tried to call the number left in the message. However, I encountered automated responses, and upon entering my case number, I received a message stating that the case number is not recognized. I need to verify the legitimacy of this communication and company. If CCS Collet is affiliated with HMRC, I’ll need a formal letter from HMRC confirming this association. So far, CCS looks like a scam. The message claims that I have an outstading balance, but I paid £570.00 in February. Unfortunately, reaching out to HMRC via email has proven challenging, and due to time constraints, spending hours and hours on the phone waiting for an HMRC operator is not feasible. I need assistance with the authenticity of these messages and written confirmation by HMRC.